More somewhat illogical thoughts from this old ratbag!
A week has passed and still have not moved, saw 2 more places today, neither have the dream shed. I may have to build it myself- preferred dimensions 25 x 16 meters.
(yes I know, dream on). I may have to settle for a 5.5 x 6 , at least for the time being!
I have decided that after careful consideration as well as playing around in 3rd planit, my preferred CAD, the modules will be .75 x 1.5 meters each. This way I may be able to get away with 4 modules across the back if I can squeeze it in :)
More ideas coming to mind after careful using CAD:
- Each point, as the layout is DCC, is to be either servo or Blue Cobalt controlled. ( I have both and love them).
- The Turntable will be a standard SAR 64 foot or if I can play with the Peco 9 incher- 63 foot ( Don't ask that in meters).
- I can fit in 2 loops in each direction in the fiddle yard, as well as carefully placed dead ends.
- the main station (Gills) to have the yard in the front of the modules and Loco off the inner side, this allows for a longer main loop as well as stub end sidings.
- A station with "up"."down" and "back" platforms, with a short dead end for stabling Carriages or railcars ( RED HENS etc.) behind the main goods loop. The goods loop to have at least one loop off it as well as access from the Back Platform.
I attach this diagram of Aldgate in SAR days, imagine if you will, it being double line and a small branch off the "Down" end
Converted JPG from with thanks
http://signaldiagramsandphotos.com. a great source for SAR, VR, NSWGR etc signal and track diagrams .
That is all, till next time ; dear readers, followers etc etc. Happy modelling!